Monday, December 9, 2013

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Where do i begin.

This was the second installment of the Hunger Games. It was brilliant. Like Harry Potter, I refuse to read the books. I personally think movies are so much better than reading and I don't want to compare these master pieces with anything else.

This is such a powerful film, espeically for women. Like mentioned in class, someone said Katniss was not that powerful. I disagree. I think that she is extremely powerful and proves that for fighting to keep her family alive and safe. The only reason she keeps pushing as hard as she does, is for her family.

I am so fascinated with these movies because I really like powerful female leads and I also like how far out it is. I would have never thought that something like this would be so popular and to teenagers mostly. 

I think this movie did better than the first because it felt a lot more mature. The characters were older and wiser. Johanna, who was played by the wonderful Jena Malone, was probably one of the highlights of this film. She too was a powerful woman in the film who was definitely not happy about going back to the hunger games. She expressed that through curse words and yelling.
The elevator scene was probably one of the best scenes in the film.

When the film ended, both chris and I were in shock. I have not seen such a bigger cliff hanger in a film. I just can not wait until nov. 2014 to watch the third installment. I am sure it will be even better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment