Sunday, November 3, 2013

Total Recall

First let me stay that this movie was probably the best one we have watched so far, mainly because it was so crazy, gory and ultra violent!

I remember my dad watching this when I was young, but he would change the channel so I wouldnt see anything 'bad.' The scene when Arnold gets into the taxi was so nostalgic because it was the only part I had any bit of memory of, but still reminded me of my dad watching such great movies. At the beginning of the film, viewers know exactly what they're in for while watching Arnolds eyes pop out of their sockets. I say the same thing with Bridesmaids! The first scene is this awkwardly hilarious sex scene - the viewer knows exactly what they're in for for the next two hours.
Although Arnorld isn't the best actor, I think that he did well portraying his character and I had no problem watching him throughout. I havent seen the new film, but I wonder why they would remake this classic anyway. Thats like someone remaking Alien. It cant be done... it shouldn't be done. Of course, all of it will be special effects too... so im sure this new Total was pretty lame.

The ideas we talked about in class, about memories and dreams, was interesting to me, because while watching the film I wasn't really thinking of how they impacted Arnold's character in the first place. Its funny to think that people want things so bad, that they would pay to believe that they actually have it/did it. Sadly, there really isn't enough time to accomplish everything we want to accomplish and see what we want to see while were alive, so I guess given the chance to experience something like he did in the film, we would take it.

The female characters were really rad in the film, especially since they knew how to take care of themselves and beat up people! Although the film was obviously sexist in some parts, they still did a good job portraying the females as tough characters. Get some, give some.

After watching old movies like this, it really makes me laugh they people back then thought we would progress so much faster (technology wise) than we really have. So looking at all of these futuristic things made me kind of laugh. We might get there one day, but we all have this silly perspective of this crazy futuristic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment