Friday, November 15, 2013

Enders Game

What I like most about new films is how we have advanced in visual effects, and I think that Ender's game was a great example of just that. Just like Gravity, I think that this was visually pleasing as well. Unlike my friend that saw it with me, the movie kept my attention the entire time, which is a A+ in my book. Sadly, the acting was not spot on, but I guess that's what happens when you work with a bunch of children.
The movie focused on Ender, who was seen to be everyone's last hope. The academy trains him to become the best leader for their attack on the aliens. The aliens attacked and killed many people last time, and they want to prevent that from ever happening again by finishing them completely. Of course, Ender succeeds and destroys the entire planet... but sadly, he doesn't know that he killed them all since they tricked him into thinking it was a test. Eventually, Ender finds one last of their kind and travels off with it.
Sadly, after reading many reviews, there will most likely not be a second movie. I guess Orson Scott got karma for being so damn homophobic!
I really enjoyed this film. I think that it kept my attention the whole time and it was a very interesting story plot. I remember my friend reading this book back in middle school, but paid no attention since I was never interested in sci fi ANYTHING, but i might now read it since I enjoyed this so much.
Although the actors were pretty terrible, I think that they portrayed the characters well enough. Ender was a bit of an emotional boy, but i guess thats what happens when you're a genius.. child. I think there should have been a larger female population, especially since this is so far into the future. This is one thing I really do not understand about sci fi films; how is it that stories are so far in the future, yet every plot still revolves around white males? The future should have all races and plenty of women. Are we fighting for nothing? No, were fighting for everything and I think this sci fi films should really portray that. I do understand that this book was written back in the day, but nevertheless, it should portray the future and the future should have a lot more minorities in it (although there are more women then men).
Rant finished.
I give this film an A-

No comments:

Post a Comment