Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blade Runner

I hope that I am not the only one who thought this film was a total bore? I really appreciated the effects, especially during it's time, but I was almost falling asleep and I had two energy drinks before hand. This is the second film that really had a surprising ending. I mean, was he human or not? Did the detective see his memories and his stupid unicorn thing? This was probably the only interesting part of the film to me.

The film focused on a cop who has to take down replicants and about four of them are on the run reeking havoc. He basically does all this searching for them and eventually kills three and the last guy saves his life. Although the premiss is interesting, I thought that the movie in general was just boring. There were too many slow scenes and i am pretty sure they could have done without the sex scenes. I did, however, find the ending to be questionable. I mean, who knows if he was a replicant or not.

The set of this movie was beautiful. I think the toy maker's house was amazing looking. It really made it memorable. The rain in the street scenes were also pretty amazing. I can understand why this was such a popular cult film, since it was so beautifully made... but i really didnt enjoy the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment