Friday, October 18, 2013

Dark Star

Unlike many of the previous films, this one was really funny and I was interested from beginning to end. Although the ending is kind of sad, I think that the rest of the movie made up for that with its humor.

In the film, we follow four hippie astronauts who are working to destroy unstable planets. Along the way, their mission is compromised by different issues happen on board. Each different astronaut tries to cope with a different problem happening, including a lose alien running around the ship.
The characters are all very charming and you can't help but love them and their personalities. If the movie was trying to be completely serious and lacked funny dialog, i'm pretty sure the film would have failed.

While watching, I noticed I felt a little claustrophobic.  Everything felt so small and tight for the astronauts. Having that many people on board, minus the one in ice, seemed kind of annoying. I would have been pretty upset working on that ship.

I think the film had major slow points and really high points. A slow one would be near the beginning when the three characters are doing their work. I didn't think it was too necessary always showing that. I think one of the best points in the film, was the fight between the alien and the astronaut. It was definitely funny. I also enjoyed the bomb/computer thing who thought he was way more powerful than he really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment