Monday, September 30, 2013

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Unlike many of the other movies weve watched throughout the semester, this one had one of those awesome twist endings, which we rarely see in sci fi movies. I have only really seen twists at the end of horror type films.
I really enjoyed the suspense during the film and the really great lines throughout. For example, when the man runs up to the main character in the car and screams, "They're coming!" and eventually runs for it, we get to see all the body snatchers chase after him. Besides the ending, I would probably choose this as my favorite scene in the film.The main character throughout was hard to focus on because he was so weird and weird looking, which I didn't really care for. I also appreciated the female characters throughout, even if they didn't do too much.

This was one of those freaky movies where, instead of seeing aliens, we see people behaving differently. The screams in the film also remind me of the 1980s The Thing remake, WHICH WAS THE BEST, so I enjoyed that comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment